VIRTUAL VISITS (45 minutes)
Through Zoom, Google, or Skype, I would love to visit your school and chat with students about how biographies are created. Perfect for 2nd-5th graders, my virtual visit includes the following:
Reading of one of my biographies (10 minutes):
Slideshow on writing biographies (20 minutes):
- Topics discussed: inspiration, timeframes, character growth, themes, and resources.
- My favorite writing tips.
- Sneak peek at my next biography.
Q&A with students (15 minutes):
- Time for students to ask questions about research, writing, and publishing.
- If students/teachers prefer to read the book in class prior to the visit, 10 minutes can be added to the Q&A time.
2023-2024 School Year: $250 per virtual visit.
These virtual visits also include:
- Easy book-ordering process through Author Visit Central. Bonus: for every 15 books sold, the school will get a free book for the library or for a student who wasn't able to order one.
- Personalized bookplates for students (mailed to teacher)
- A list of my favorite biographies (emailed to the teacher)
To schedule a Virtual Visit, please contact me.
If school budgets don't alow for the cost of a virtual visit, contact me about free Q&As via Flipgrid.